Care for your Christmas tree
Your purchase of a North Carolina Fraser Fir tree from Poppell Farms is evidence of your desire to have a beautiful Christmas tree this holiday season. It can maintain its beauty and freshness longer with just a few simple steps you can take after getting the tree home.
- Make a fresh cut – Straight across the base of the tree, cut off approximately one half inch before placing the tree in a stand.
- Use a stand that will hold a gallon of water or more
- Check water often, keep the stand full – A tree may take up a gallon of water in the first 24 hours and a quart a day after thatl Preservatives are not needed, just plenty of fresh water.
- Place tree away from heat sources, heating vents, fireplaces, wood stoves, radiators and sunny windows.
- Check lights and cords for broken bulbs and frayed wiring.
- Do not overload electric circuits.
- Turn off lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Remove tree from your home promptly after Christmas and recycle it.
Remember, a fresh cut, plenty of water, and a bit of common sense is all it takes to enjoy your North Carolina Fraser Fir. Have a Joyous Holiday Season.